We promote sustainable development through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Being a family-managed private company, we put the focus on people in our everyday work and decisions. We take responsibility for our staff and the society and world we live in. This conviction is an essential part of our corporate philosophy, and all our employees live by it.
While the international hotel sector is heavily dominated by the standardisation trend right now, we place great value on our individuality. We encourage all our staff to make sustainable decisions. We believe that this approach, appealing to the individuals in our company, is more important and effective than a centralised company sustainability policy.
n this way, we are always open for new opportunities: Together with the kate and TourCert, we participate in the CSR certification project for the hotel industry. We are happy to be one of the first hotels to be awarded the TourCert seal of approval. This certification is a reward for our efforts to date and encourages us to keep examining our daily activities with regard to sustainability and continuously keep getting better.
The staff of Geisel Privathotels take responsibility in all three fields of CSR: ecology, society and employees. Here we present some of our endeavours from last year.
- 100% eco-electricity from the Munich municipal authority: PDF (Link: www.swm.de/oekostrom.html)
- Waste separation (we separate paper, glass, fat/oils, refuse)
- 100% recycling paper
- Our kitchens use regional products wherever possible
- We are pioneers in digital – and hence paperless – ordering, with our ordering portal (Link: www.die-privathoteliers.de)
- Annual Fauster & Friends charity event
- Our "bedtime" chocolates in the Königshof are made in cooperation with the Monsignore-Bleyer-Haus workshop for handicapped people
- Exhibitions of artists from the region in the Hotel Cosmopolitan and anna hotel
- Cooperation with the Clemens-Maria Children's Home (link: www.clemaki.de)
- Vouchers for charitable organisations
- Participation in the First Liga for Charity soccer event
Responsibility for our employees
- Employee Benefits card with shopping discounts at local partners and on the Internet (link: www.geisel-career.de/en)
- IFH staff training courses for all employees (link: www.ifh-worldwide.com/de/)
- Large selection of internal seminars for trainees
- Staff rates for all four hotels and partner hotels (link: www.die-privathoteliers.de)
- Employee interviews and coaching by an external partner
- Dragon boat race on Lake Starnberg (link: www.geisel-career.de/en)
- Geisel Privathotels Oktoberfest visit
- Participation in the corporate run B2RUN (link: www.b2run.de/muenchen/)
- Cross-training between departments
- Annual trainee excursion (link: geisel-career.de/en)
- Employee meals and beverages
- Staff parking spaces